Happy Canada Day Everyone!
Who doesn't love to celebrate with a delicious chocolate treat , right?
Today, I'm sharing with you "THE" Ultimate Homemade Chocolate Bar because they taste better than ANY of those "chalky tasting" bars you buy at the health food store and they're GOOD FOR YOU!
Because you are making them from scratch, they are 100% natural and free of any preservatives.
Plus, they are super convenient because they are quick, easy to make, and will last up to a month in the freezer.
1. Mash the Banana
2. Add all the dry ingredients: Oats, Coconut, Flax Seeds, Chia Seeds, Vegan Protein Powder, Maca Root Powder, Cocoa Powder and Cinnamon. Mix it Up.
3. Add the Raisins, Gogi Berries and Carob Chips. Mix it up.
4. Time to add the wet stuff to hold it all together. Add the Banana, Vanilla Extract, Peanut Butter, Maple Syrup and Coconut Oil. Mix everything up. TADA! PESTO! Homemade Protein Bars!
5. Spread the mixture into a baking pan or something similar (a baking sheet would work as well) and then place in the freezer for 2-3 hours to firm up.
6. Once firm, cut them into 15 even squares and individually wrap them in plastic wrap.
Ingredients: Many of these ingredients can be substituted, so get creative. Instead of raisins, you could use dried cranberries or dates. Try using honey in place of maple syrup, etc. Go wild!
Storage: Keep them in the freezer or fridge, individually wrapped. They soften up quickly at room temperature and they should keep for a month or more in the freezer.
I'm Carmen Lisa!
My mission in life is to share my simple philosophy for better health and greater happiness.
JOIN THE SMOOTHIE CHALLENGE
Mind, Body and Spirit
with the Gifts of
Living Food and a